[Zope] Does anyone uses freetds + unixODBC + mxODBC Zope database adapter ?

BALTUS Jean jean.baltus at africamuseum.be
Thu Jul 29 09:33:37 EDT 2004

Hi all,

We are using freetds, unixODBC (with thread safety enabled) and mxODBC
Zope DA to connect to a MSQL database from Zope on Linux.

If we create several processes (through isql or tsql), freetds behaves
correctly.

However when opening more than 1 connection through egenix mxODBCZopeDA,
Zope crashes and *reboot* silently (a new process is created.)

It seems like a thread safety problem.

If anyone has succeeded to achieve several connections with the same
tools, we would like to know what are the version number of each tools,
or any clue that could help us to identify the real problem.

Thank you so much,

-- Jean