[Zope] Zope 2.7 core file - leak?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Jul 29 21:23:44 EDT 2004

This doesn't appear to have much to do with a leak.  It seems rather
that Zope is crashing ("crushing"?) when your developer clicks on the
sort header in the ZMI, leaving behind a core file.  I can't reproduce
this and no one else has reported a similar problem, so it's likely
something having to do with your configuration.  It's possible to
inspect the core file via gdb but I can't provide much in the way of
instruction to you on how to do this.  I would suggest before attempting
debugging procedures that involve the core file that you:

a) look at the zope event logfile to see if there are clues in it at the
time of the crash

b) try to replicate the crash on a clean, temporary install of Zope with
an empty database to ensure it's not a 3rd party product issue

- C