[Zope] zope 2.7.0 hang on hpux 11.00

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 30 15:27:20 EDT 2004

m.pietrovita at ais.cib.na.cnr.it wrote at 2004-7-29 20:11 +0200:
>I have installed Zope 2.7.0 in hpux 11.00 with python 2.3.3 compiled with gnu
>gcc 3.3.2
>Zope start normally and it seems to be ok.
>But if I select, in the root folder, error_log or standard_template.pt, it
>hangs.

When I have seen this in the past,
Zope was waiting on some external resource (name server, LDAP server,
Postgres database) which was not connected.
Waiting terminated finally via a timeout (several minutes).

The most efficient way to analyse the cause it to attach
the process (with GDB) and see where it is waiting.
Of course, this requires a bit familiarity with GDB.

--
Dieter