[Zope] finding my root

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 10:07:52 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> It is very easy to turn warnings into exceptions and then you
> will get tracebacks.

Really? How? Oh, don't tell me: Google. Right, okay, can't find it? No suprise
there then... where'd you find it? You won't tell anyone? OK, no change from
normal there then... right, that's a bit of bandwidth saved ;-)

> It is also quite easy to hook into the warning system and
> change the way it works -- should you really need it...

Then why doesn't Zope do this by default? I see no value in having a warning
print a one line text message with no context that could come close to even
helping you find out what code is triggering the problem.

Chris - SearchIndex anyone?!

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk