[Zope] Basic Security question (now VerboseSecurity question)

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Tue Jun 1 13:28:56 EDT 2004

> Jonathan Hobbs wrote at 2004-5-27 15:05 -0400:
> >I have installed VerboseSecurity (it shows up in the
Control_Panel/Products
> >list), but it does not generate any output in the zope_error_log (the
> >requests are showing up in zope_access_log).  Does VerboseSecurity put
the
> >security info somewhere else?
>
> And you did follow the instructions?
>
>   * Use ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY=PYTHON

Yes (ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY=PYTHON)

I have installed VerboseSecurity and when I try to access my data folder
(the one with 'View' permission set to 'Authenticated') I get the following
zope error:

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: issubclass() arg 2 must be a class
Error Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):

Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 222, in filtered_meta_types
Module AccessControl.User, line 266, in has_permission
Module AccessControl.SecurityManager, line 139, in checkPermission
Module Products.VerboseSecurity.VerboseSecurityPolicy, line 277, in
checkPermission
Module AccessControl.PermissionRole, line 51, in rolesForPermissionOn
Module Products.VerboseSecurity.PermissionRolePatch, line 55, in __of__
TypeError: issubclass() arg 2 must be a class

Which is strange because I am trying to access the folder via the ZMI and I
my user account is the 'Manager' account (also the 'owner' that created the
data folder).

I am running zope 2.6.1, python 2.1.3

>   * tell "error_log" not to ignore "Unauthorized"

How does one go about doing that? I found no hints in SiteErrorLog.py.

Thanks,

Jonathan