[Zope] Re: Largefile support error

Josef Meile josef.meile at imes.mavt.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 1 17:13:08 EDT 2004

 > I'm running Debian, specifically 'woody', and I'm trying to compile
using
 > Python 2.3.3. I'll try my luck with the Python guys, as well, but if
 > someone else knows what's going on - I'd be most appreciative! :)

Which linux kernel, glibc, and filesystem do you have? I'm not a linux
expert, but I know some old linux kernels, c libraries, and ext2 don't
have large file support. Perhaps an linux kernel upgrade will solve it.

You could also tried to create a file greater than 2 Gb from the unix shell:

dd if=/dev/zero of=big_file_test bs=1024 count=2600000

If everything goes well, you will see a 2.5Gb file called
"big_file_test". On the contrary, you will see an error, which means
that your debian really doesn't support large files. Indeed you will
need to upgrade.

Regards,
Josef