[Zope] [ANN] Zwiki 0.31 released, news

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Jun 1 16:31:58 EDT 2004

Hi all,

summer is coming; the "june edition" is ready for download at
http://zwiki.org .

cleanups and usability improvements; permissions fixes; tests,
code cleanups, bugfixes.
( http://zwiki.org/ReleaseNotes )

This was the month where internationalisation finally took hold,
assisted greatly by the work of Nicolas aka Foenyx. We have PTS-based
i18n support working for python code, page templates, dtml templates and
dtml pages, in and out of CMF/Plone.  Localizer support code has not
been removed at this point, it could be made to work as an alternative
but on the whole I prefer PTS's po-file approach.

Thanks to Nicolas and the other translators who have stepped forward
this month, including Lele Gaifax, T.C.Chou, Jean Rodrigo Ferri and
Raphael Badin. 0.31 is the first release where translators have
something solid to work with, so if you want to help with other
languages it's a great time to get in contact on #zwiki and at
http://zwiki.org/InternationalisationDiscussion . Current translation
status is at http://zwiki.org/Chapter26Internationalisation .

zwiki.org discussion has been relatively light this month. There are
awkward technical/usability aspects to the current setup and I'm
thinking about ways to simplify and concentrate discussion a bit. Ideas
welcome at http://zwiki.org/UserDiscussion . Spam comments passed the
annoyance threshold this month and an preventive feature has been added
(banned_links).

Thanks to the usual zwiki.org crew for bug reports, suggestions and
tips. And finally, thanks to George Donnelly and Zettai.net for fueling
the engines with a donation. If you want to add your financial muscle to
the project, see http://zwiki.org/ZwikiFunding or get in touch by mail
or irc.

Be well,
-Simon

PS - I'm trying the zope list this month as zope-announce appears to be
not so widely read and last month's post didn't show up.