[Zope] Serving up and Image (resolved)

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Jun 3 07:43:33 EDT 2004

From: "Paul Winkler" <pw_lists at slinkp.com>

> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 04:22:04PM -0400, Small Business Services wrote:
> > After some investigation it turns out the server was closing the
connection
> > before all the data was written.  The solution was:
> >
> > RESPONSE.write(str(isrc))
> >
> > Which created an http-friendly data stream (apparently something in the
jpg
> > data stream caused the problem).
>
> or maybe RESPONSE.write(isrc) was implicitly doing repr(isrc)
> instead of str(isrc).  not sure.
>
> In any case, I'd again suggest calling
> isrc.index_html(request, RESPONSE).
> It scales much better to large images.
>
> Your method will read the entire image data into memory as a string
> and not return anything to the client until it is done.
> Image.index_html() will stream the data in chunks as they are loaded
> from the ZODB.  This uses less memory and is faster.

Thanks for the feedback Paul,

I'd like to try your isrc.index_html() idea, what should index_html
(script/method?) contain? (I assume its not the standard index_html dtml
method that is the initial 'public' page for our web site - which has been
modified extensively for our particular application).

Jonathan