[Zope] problem with RSS

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Thu Jun 3 11:55:08 EDT 2004

> From: Norm Petterson [mailto:njp at njp.us]

> > >I tested different product : RSSChannel, ZExternal,
> RSSSummary. And
> > >all the time I have the same error : IOError  [Errno socket error]
> > >(10061, 'Connection refused')
> >
> > This means: no server listening at port 10061.
> >

> No, this indicates a time-out due possibly to no server
> listening on whatever port you're trying (say 80 for
> instance), or to firewall blockage, or even a router that
> doesn't adhere to current TCP/IP standards (e.g., your TCP/IP
> implementation uses congestion control bits in its headers
> but some intermediate router's firmware hasn't been updated
> to handle them).

In this case I don't think either response is in play.  The usual way to
try to get an rss file for a page for testing is to get the page up in a
browser, then add /RSS to the url.  So almost certainly the OP's url is
talking to the right port on his server.

I suspect (but of course who knows for sure?) that the response in a
poorly-chosen error message arising from the rss reader's inability to
deal with the authentication request from the server.

OP, you need to enlighten us as to whether you really are addressing the
right port in your reader!

Cheers,

Tom P