[Zope] Emacs & Zope -- M-x html-mode ... but doesn't color the document for html ???

Jason LeMonier jlemonier at Retailpro.com
Sun Jun 6 02:07:18 EDT 2004

Howdy,

Switching over from Window Dev. Env
  EditPlus ==> Ftp-enabled browsing & editing, color/syntax-editing -- menu to choose file-type --> so easy

Almost there with Emacs/XEmacs:
  (Emacs 101: Ctrl-x == C-x, Alt-x == M-x)
  C-x C-f ==> /jason at server 8830:/ ==> prompts for password, ftp-enabled browse & edit ... perfect!

But, no file extensions, so we have to tell Emacs that a file w/ no extension is html
  M-x html-mode ... so I'm in html mode (right?)
    open main_template.html (copy on local) ... perfect coloring
    open main_template via ftp, M-x html-mode ... and just what's in """" is green???

Obviously this is just an Emacs question ... but I found all help out there useless beyond
changing to html-mode.  (I'm hoping emacs will prove its worth in minimal time ...)

thanks so much!!

Failed to get these to work for an ftp-enabled, colored syntax flexible dev. environment:
  K-Develop/Kate/Konqueror -- too much overhead
  GVIM --> easy to switch code/file-type from menu for color-editing ... but no ftp-enabled browse/edit
  Zope-External Editor: was able to view file in my browser of choice after install, and browser setup, and chmod +x zope_edit.py ... but couldn't get save to work.