[Zope] Zope installation on Red Hat 9

g.lams at itcilo.org g.lams at itcilo.org
Fri Jun 11 04:26:33 EDT 2004

I'm not sure about what could be the problem but I would say that before
creating several zope instances, start with the creation of one instance
and have it working (for instance, with zope installed in /usr/local/zope,
create one in /user/local/zope/instance_name)
Did you create the zope user? Did you run zoperun as this zope user or as
root?
If as root, did you modify zope.conf to indicate the effective user?

As far as apache is concerned, it's perhaps a little bit more difficult to
set it up but if you have apache already running with other web sites and
want to use port 80, it makes more sense. I've one of my zope server
running of RH8 and even if I'm not a "zope master" I could probably help
you in setting-up your virtual host

Gaël