[Zope] can't install external editor, help

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:44:19 EDT 2004

aamehl wrote:

> > The README has more info, but in short, you need to:
> >
> > 1.  Edit your ~/.zope-external-edit file and enable an editor or
> two. did it already gvim -f

good.

> > 2.  Set-up your browser to handle MIME type application/x-zope-edit
> with
>
> > zopeedit.py. already don

good.

> > 3.  Click the external edit icon in the ZMI, in your browser. did it
> and got the error you saw in the previous email??

Ack!  Never seen this one.  What browser are you using?  Have you tried
starting your browser at the command line, doing the test, and seeing if
there are any error messages you can work with?  I would suspect first a
permissions problem on a temp directory.  A right-click and
save-link-target-as will maybe tell you where the browser is trying to
save the temp file.

-- Jim Washington