[Zope] Zope behind non-Apache webservers

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Fri Jun 11 15:58:01 EDT 2004

I don't think this is a fair response.  First, he doesn't need all of
Apache's (web server) advanced capabilities but he may still need some
of Zope's (content management/application) capabilities.  As you
correctly point out, they are different types of tools.

As for running behind all web servers, I think you way oversimplify the
situation.  First, Zope 2.7.x stopped support for PCGI so you can't
fallback on that.  Second, I run two sites behind two somewhat exotic
web servers (Roxen and iPlanet) and neither was easy to setup and I'm
not happy with the current configurations.  Getting information on
specific details of interfacing Zope to these servers has been difficult
and the integration was far from seamless.

I don't have anything useful for the original poster but I can certainly
empathize with his situation and I would not discount the importance of
getting the kind of information he is seeking.

--
Mike

Of