[Zope] Zope 3 Experiences - UI

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Fri Jun 11 16:57:23 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 00:35, Samir Mishra wrote:
> First off, I find Zope3 totally different from Zope2.x.

It is totally different.

> For example, the task of creating a new user was trivial in Zope2, and it
> took me a few seconds to figure out what was needed to accomplish this
> without reading the manual. Power of the UI.

There will be definitely UI improvements and simplifications. You can help
here by telling us what your most common tasks are and how you expect to do
them. Also, what features do you use?

> I find the same task overly convoluted in Zope3.

Which ones?

> I know the product is in testing, but my question is - is the user
> interface going to get better? If not, the learning curve for new users is
> suddenly much steeper.

Note that the current Zope 3 release is for developers only. There is no
support for scripter and UI-based developer at this point. This is the goal
of future releases.

Regards,
Stephan
--