[Zope] Zope behind non-Apache webservers

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sat Jun 12 12:22:55 EDT 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 05:56 am, Hugo Filipe Ramos wrote:
> 1. If you don't need "Apache's advanced capabilities" why use a system 1000
> times more advanced than Apache?

Presumeably because he's using Zope to do all those "advanced" things,
and doesn't want to bother with Apache, whose advanced features are
often alternate (and rather less powerful) ways of doing things he could
do in Zope.

> 2. Apache is simply a web server.. Zope is a CMS.. Do not compare one with
> the other.

Um. He didn't.  He compared it with two other web servers -- which are
apparently simpler (but I confess I don't really know the difference.

Seems to me, all you need is support for the re-write rules and
virtual-hosting to get Zope running behind any HTTP daemon.

Cheers,
Terry