[Zope] zope product, object manager problem

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Jun 15 02:04:39 EDT 2004

* John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> [2004-06-15 00:31]:

> I have a zope interface Person with a PersonImplementation that
> inherits from OFS.ObjectManager.  When I try to add some product (eg a
> Folder) instance to an instance of a Person, everything appears to
> work, but nothing shows up in the listing of the person.

The order of your base classes is messing this up. SimpleItem's
objectValues returns an empty tuple to prevent SimpleItems from
acquiring their parents' objectValues.

changing your class definition to:
    class PersonImplementation(ObjectManager, PropertyManager, SimpleItem):
should fix it.

Why don't you just subclass Folder instead?

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za