[Zope] zope product, object manager problem

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 15 09:59:38 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Roché" == Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> writes:

    Roché> The order of your base classes is messing this
    Roché> up. SimpleItem's objectValues returns an empty tuple to
    Roché> prevent SimpleItems from acquiring their parents'
    Roché> objectValues.

    Roché> changing your class definition to: class
    Roché> PersonImplementation(ObjectManager, PropertyManager,
    Roché> SimpleItem): should fix it.

Yep, that's it.  Thank you very much!  It would have taken me quite a
while to find that one on my own.

    Roché> Why don't you just subclass Folder instead?

The main thing I want to be able to do is limit the allowed meta
types, eg

    _allowed_meta_types = ('Address', )

can I do this subclassing folder?

Thanks again,