[Zope] users, properties and roles

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 16 15:02:55 EDT 2004

    David> Hey John, I wrote something that tracked new roles, eg
    David> 'accountant', 'management', etc and other information about
    David> users.  I found that using simpleUserFolder and hooking it
    David> up to an external DB (interbase) gave me everything I
    David> needed - plus easier portibility.  David ps if you decide
    David> to test out simpleUserFolder DO NOT test it in zope/root
    David> but in a test subdirectory - otherwise you might lock
    David> yourself out of Zope.

OK, that seems like a great compromise.  My plan to have a Users
Folder along side my SimpleUsers acl_users folder, and add User
subfolders in the Users folder which contain my user meta information.

I'm a bit rusty on the zope API.  I'm overriding addUser in the
SimpleUserFolder

    def addUser(self, name, password, roles, domains, **kw):
        pass

What is the zope magic that would allow me to create a folder named
"name" in Users where Users is a plain vanilla folder in the same
container that the SimpleUserFolder is located in?

I know I need something like

  container.manage_addFolder(name)

but I don't know how to get the container in the zope API?

Thanks!
JDH