[Zope] RE: Performance issues - excessive object loads

Gerry Kirk gerry at faithonline.com
Thu Jun 17 10:30:45 EDT 2004

Hi again,

I'm getting reports right now that the system is slow. There are a few
people doing a lot of editing at the moment. Looking at the activity
log, I see in the past hour:

Object stores: 12,500
Object loads: 9267
Connections: 679

# objects in db: 182K
# objects in mem from all caches: 29K
Max # objects per cache: 15K

Cache Name	Number of objects in memory 	Number of ghost objects
1		10525					55742
2		3669					12546
3		4589					15934
4		10239					61065
Total		29022

You mentioned it might be better to have two threads with larger caches
instead of 4. How do I determine which way to go?

I haven't seen any flipping cache messages since June 14 now. Is it
possible to have too large a zeo client cache file?

Thanks,
Gerry