[Zope] Can I using zope's functions outside zope?

Gilbert Fine hitheat at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 00:17:55 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am new to zope. I wish I can use the power functions in zope, such as ZPT,
outside zope, because I am not used to writing program in a browser. I want
to use vi and other tools right in the server.
My idea is: I write a special module in python, simulating the zope server.
Then I write web programs as CGI, but the code is almost the same as if I
were using zope directly. These CGI use ZPT and DB Connection object in
zope. I feel very comfortable using the vi, cvs, subversion, make and all
other nice and familiar tools. When those CGI program are somewhat stable, I
can copy the code in to zope, and then maintain the code in zope from then
on.

Is there a simple way to do that? Or it is just a stupid idea?

Gilbert Fine