[Zope] Zope 2.7.0 crash on FreeBSD 5.2

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed Jun 16 10:33:52 EDT 2004

Ausum Studio <ausum_studio at hotmail.com> on 6/15/04 wrote:

>Yes, that's the problem. There's plenty of information on that. In my
>experience FreeBSD simply doesn't like Zope. Even though I tried all
the
>workarounds, I expect a crash every now and then (every thirty or
twenty
>days more or less). So I got used to rely on the control process to
keep
>Zope running, because I just can't get rid of the OS.
>
>FreeBSD fans won't agree, for sure. So whether there's an ultimate
>success
>story on the issue, please share your top notch measures. (Not wanting
>start a flame war here.)

we run hundreds of zopes on multiple freebsd boxen without OS-related
issues, so this is pure FUD. zope and freebsd are good friends, just as
long as the stacksize has been upped which is not hard to do. :)
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669