[Zope] Persistency of Variables Placed in the SESSION attribute of the REQUEST object

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jun 24 09:24:46 EDT 2004

Hello. Does anyone know if there is a limit on how long a varible placed
in the SESSION attribute of the REQUEST object can persist? I am setting a
session variable using the following:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.SESSION.set('newvar', REQUEST.form['chosenYear'])">

The variable chosenYear is submitted via a form and this value is placed
in newvar. The value of newvar ceases to exist after I let my browser
session lie idle for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

- Asad