[Zope] Zope 2.7.0 crash on FreeBSD 5.2

Andrew Sawyers andrew at zope.com
Fri Jun 25 18:43:02 EDT 2004

>But I don't think either justifies calling it FUD. There
>are real reasons to be wary of using FreeBSD, especially
>if you are developing on Linux.  You definitely will see
>problems when you port your code.
>
>Cheers,
>Terry

I write all my code on a FreeBSD servers and have never had an issue
with that code running on Linux (ZC only runs Linux in production).  The
only pain I have with Linux -> FreeBSD is people who write around things
that are only found on Linux (for example buildouts that presume things
like /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions or init scripts that presume the system
has chkconfig or specific paths which are different on BSD systems if
someone relies on RPMs) - otherwise, many large projects and many years
of running FreeBSD tells me differently.
I'm with George on this one, your problems are not FreeBSD unless you're
not upping the stack size, in which case you'll be seeing seg faults in
the log.
Andrew