[Zope] Zope 2.7 FTP Bandwidth Limiter?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Mar 1 16:35:49 EST 2004

This has nothing to do with your current issue, but is the Data.fs file
(the FileStorage file) located on a remote NFS share?  It's been
asserted that it's bad to use a Zope FileStorage across an NFS mount due
to NFS locking issues.  You might try to store the database locally.
>From what we've seen here in the past, it may be only a matter of time
before you have a corrupt database if you're running FileStorage over
NFS now.

The information you gave means not much to me otherwise.

Also, have you run Zope (Python) under strace temporarily like I
suggested before to try to get a sense of what the system is doing when
it's spinning?

I wonder if you've got a PUT_factory defined somewhere that is doing
something silly.  A PUT_factory is a handler for FTP and HTTP put
requests, and can be customized locally or can be installed by local
products.  You might want to grep for PUT_factory in your products and
search for the name PUT_factory in your Zope instance.

- C