[Zope] Running SQL agains tDA

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Mar 2 14:32:51 EST 2004

Chris Bruce wrote at 2004-3-1 12:38 -0800:
>I am trying to figure out how to execute queries against ZMysqlDA connection
>through my python based product.

I would not use the DA directly but indirectly via Z SQL Methods.

> I would really like to use the DA
>interface so that my product will work with any database connection.

This would also hold for Z SQL Methods...

> Can
>someone provide an example or tell me which method I should be calling?

You are interested in the "query" method of so called
"database connections". Such connections are usually
defined in the "db.py" module of the database adapter product.

You get a "database connection" by calling a DA instance (i.e.
"conn = DA()").

--
Dieter