[Zope] Catalog without a Z

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 5 16:42:26 EST 2004

Andre Meyer wrote at 2004-3-4 15:03 +0100:
>The Zope Book explains the use of ZCatalog for indexing and searching
>(http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SearchingZCatalog.stx).
>
>However, I want to use Catalog (and not ZCatalog) in my
>file-system-based product. I use a Folder object to which I add custom
>objects using self._setObject(id, item).

"ZCatalog" is essentially a configuration device for the "Catalog".
Searching, indexing, adding columns and indexes essentially
work for "Catalog" as they do for "ZCatalog".

You are using "Catalog" in an "unsupported" way.
Therefore, you must expect to look at its (and that of ZCatalog)
code from time to time to find out some relevant details.

--
Dieter