[Zope] Catalog without a Z

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 06:58:42 EST 2004

Andre Meyer wrote:

>         self._catalog = ZCatalog.*ZCatalog*('Catalog')

storing this in self._catalog is pointless, don't do it...

>         self._catalog.*addIndex*('path_index', 'PathIndex')
>         self._catalog.*addIndex*('text_index', 'TextIndex')
>         self._catalog.*addIndex*('field_index', 'FieldIndex')
>         self._*setObject*('Catalog', self._catalog)

Okay, CatalogAware should find this catalog if "Composers" are added inside
"Music Libraries", are they?

>     def addItem(self, id, item):

How are you calling this method? It doesn't feel right, and may be what is
causing CatalogAware's manage_afterAdd method not to get fired...

>         self._catalog.*catalog_object*(item) # does not work yet !!!

...but this line should work, although you should access it as "self.Catalog"
once you've done what I suggested above...

> Any ideas or examples? Your help is appreciated.

Don't post HTML to a Non-HTML list for starters ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk