[Zope] context bound to PythonScript even when not specified ??

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 10 17:07:16 EST 2004

Hello,

I have an FS based PythonScript that looks like this:

## $Id: learningresourceslist_edit.py 152 2004-03-09 21:32:42Z jdoyon $
## Script (Python) "learningresourceslist_edit"
##parameters=docpaths=[]
##title=Edit a Learning Resources List

context.edit( docpaths=docpaths )

qst='portal_status_message=Learning+Resources+List+changed.'

target_action = context.getTypeInfo().getActionById( 'edit' )

context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect( '%s/%s?%s' % ( context.absolute_url()
                                                , target_action
                                                , qst
                                                ) )

Note the absence of ##bind ...

So how come "context" still works if it isn't bound ? I was thinking at some
point I'd clean up all unnecessary bindings from all my FS based PyScripts,
but if it doesn't change anything ...

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support / Développement des
services et soutien de systèmes Internet
GeoAccess Division / Division GéoAccès
Canada Center for Remote Sensing / Centre canadien de télédétection
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca
Phone: (613) 992-4902
Fax: (613) 947-2410