[Zope] .HTC (dhtml "behavior") files in Zope - problem and solution

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Mar 10 19:25:02 EST 2004

Here's one for the archives...

Today I tried to add the png alpha-blending hack for
IE to my zope site. This hack involves a
DHTML "behavior" file, also known as HTC ("HTML Component")
file,  as described here:
http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html

I don't know squat about DHTML, so I just wasted most of
today banging my head against the example on that site...
... wondering why it worked from the windows filesystem,
and had no effect at all when uploaded to zope via FTP.

I should have thought of this hours ago... the issue
was content-type.  You must arrange for the
.htc file to be served from zope with a content type
of text/x-component.
text/plain works too.
text/html does NOT work.

--