[Zope] How do you start and stop zope in windows

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Wed Mar 10 23:53:36 EST 2004

At 02:07 PM 3/11/2004 +1000, Peter Millar wrote:
>I have found in my zope\bin directory a runzope.bat &this is great it
>works well.  The only way I get the app server to stop is by doing
>CTRL-C.  Ouch & there has got to be a nicer way & and please don't say use
>zopectl & from what I can gather it only works on unix or if you want me
>to use this in windows what are the commands??

I quit developing on my WinXP laptop a few months ago, but I believe I was
starting it as you are (command line), but stopping it using the Zope (ZMI)
Control Panel, by hitting the Shutdown button.  This was mentioned in a
post yesterday, I believe, but it may have slipped past unnoticed.  I used
Zope as a Win XP service at first, but didn't like the overhead it seemed
to add when not developing... I have a vivid imagination.
=Paul