[Zope] problem calling a Python external method in a folder from a DTML method

Jim Anderson ezjab at ieee.org
Thu Mar 11 11:44:09 EST 2004

Chris and Paul,

Well I start using ZPT yesterday and what a difference. In a few hours I had
my experimental web pages working and that includes the time reading about
ZPT. The error messages pretty well pointed me to my mistakes. I still have
a lot to learn about ZPT, but it looks very promising. Thanks again for
your previous advice.

As a general policy, I do believe that Zope.org should make a statement
that DTML should NOT be used for new web pages and then list
exceptions, if any. This would save new users a lot of time and it would
reduce the overhead in this mailing list.

Jim