[Zope] Zope startup msgs

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 02:57:57 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:19:20AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>John Poltorak wrote:
>>

>>>NAME=Zope
>>>MAJOR_VERSION=2.7
>>>MINOR_VERSION=0
>>>RELEASE_TAG=b3
>>
>>Looks like you only have Beta 3, have you tried the final source release?
>

> AFAIK I am using:-
>
> http://zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.0/Zope-2.7.0.tgz
>
> Where, in the archive, is the realease tag information held?

If you're sure, then I'd paste the above in the collector as someone obviously
left an incorrect version tag lying around.

> AFAICT it's 'make install' which has failed.
>
> How do I tell whether make has actually worked correctly?

You don't get any errors when you do a make install ;-)

>>Do all of the above utilities exist and work?
>
> I don't currently have FIND or XARGS. I'll grab them and see if it makes a
> difference.

Cool. Do let us know :-)

>>I'd guessing ${PYTHON} is causing issues here. Does U:\USR\BIN\PYTHON.EXE work
>>at a command prompt?
>
> Well it produces a
> command prompt.

A command prompt or a Python prompt?

> I'm using v2.3.3 and it seems to run Zope 2.6.4 without any problems.

...although not officially recommended ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk