[Zope] Virtual Monster Monster!

Stephen Rudd stephen.rudd at btk.utu.fi
Fri Mar 12 09:04:07 EST 2004

Hi,
I have a problem with virtual monsters. I have a Zope server, let us
call it "bioinf2.btk.fi". It lives behind a university firewall and
behaves exactly as I would expect. I have a domain name, let us call it
"sputnik.btk.fi". The domain name corresponds to an apache server that
forwards the request to a different physical machine. I have tried
setting up a Zope Virtual Host Monster and the iMeme Virtual Host
Monster to move requests to sputnik.btk.fi to a different folder
(SPUTNIK) - this does not appear to work! Neither the different
directory is shown, nor are the correct URLs produced (all links from
sputnik.btk.fi become bioinf2.btk.fi:9080). Testing an analogous mapping
using another Zope instance (epsilon.zettai.net) works as would be
expected; but there is no request forwarding here!

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong? Any help would be very
gratefully received! Thanks - greetings from Turku

  Dr Stephen Rudd - genome astronomer
          Bioinformatics group
    Turku Centre for Biotechnology
        Tel. +358 2 333 8611