[Zope] display sql result inline in dtml page?

RI Dunfey s0231134 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 11:06:09 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a index page written in dtml.  I want to display the results of a sql
query 'inline'.  The dtml-in tag appears to return the results of a query but
puts them on a new line, the dtml-call tag, to the best of my knowledge, isn't
designed to return the results of the query. I want a paragraph along the lines
of:

In this online grocery shop you will find 7 types of orange, 21 types of
apples, 14 types of pear.  Our team of 45 staff will package your order.

Where an sql statement is used to count the number or oranges, apples or pears
respectively.  Do I really have to use a separate python script to do this?

Any help appreciated,

Rob