[Zope] Zope 2.6.4: can't iterate through protected objects

Kyler Laird Kyler at Lairds.com
Fri Mar 12 22:41:04 EST 2004

I realize that 2.6.4 is not the current version of Zope, but that's
what's in Debian right now.  I'm trying to migrate some systems and I
found that old scripts are breaking so I'd like to know what to expect
from newer versions.

The problem I'm encountering is that I can get a list of objects in a
Folder
	objects = context.objectValues()
and I can even sort them based on their titles
	objects.sort(sortby_title)
but if I try to iterate through them with a for loop
	for object in objects:
		None
I get an authorization error because one of them has "Access contents
information" limited.

This has been working well in older Zopes for a long time.  Is it
likely to work in 2.7.0 or should I think about downgrading?  (I'm also
having trouble with TransparentFolders in this version, so I'm about
ready to give up on upgrades.)

Thank you.

--kyler