[Zope] Zope 2.6.4: can't iterate through protected objects

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai at kedai.com.my
Sat Mar 13 03:57:29 EST 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 11:41, Kyler Laird wrote:
> I realize that 2.6.4 is not the current version of Zope, but that's
> what's in Debian right now.  I'm trying to migrate some systems and I
> found that old scripts are breaking so I'd like to know what to expect
> from newer versions.
>
> The problem I'm encountering is that I can get a list of objects in a
> Folder
> 	objects = context.objectValues()
> and I can even sort them based on their titles
> 	objects.sort(sortby_title)
> but if I try to iterate through them with a for loop
> 	for object in objects:
> 		None
> I get an authorization error because one of them has "Access contents
> information" limited.
>
> This has been working well in older Zopes for a long time.  Is it
> likely to work in 2.7.0 or should I think about downgrading?  (I'm also
> having trouble with TransparentFolders in this version, so I'm about
> ready to give up on upgrades.)

there were some major security changes in zope starting zope2.63 and the
beta3(?) of zope 2.7.0

in imy case, i disabled proxy set to my script that was in a zclass.

i remembered that we need to do something to the script python - set the
bindings, etc

check out the Changes.
sorry couldnt be of more help

hth