[Zope] Re: WEBDAV & FireFox

Paul Browning paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Mar 14 06:09:07 EST 2004

--On 14 March 2004 09:37 +0100 Johan Carlsson
<johanc at easypublisher.com> wrote:

> WebDAV is a protocol like FTP or HTTP so there isn't really a UI to
> access from the server. The UI is solely provided by the client.
>
> Today there is really a shortage in good WebDAV clients (imho).
> The one I use frequently with Zope (from Win32 platform) is
> WebDAV, it's a commercial product.

Johan means WebDrive ;-)

<http://www.webdrive.com/>

In an earlier thread on WebDav I suggested that V6.01
of WebDrive had a problem with Zope - I don't now
think it does - I think the problems I'm seeing are
due to a change in PUT_factory in our local implementation.

A screenshot was requested. Here's one though
it's an ftp rather that http connection:
<http://www.webdrive.com/images/screens/SiteManagerSmall.gif>

And this is how things look once you're mounted your
ftp/webdav server volume:
<http://www.webdrive.com/images/mapdesktop.gif>

Take the 20-day free trial. This is the future and
it is working .....

Paul

>  It let's me mount WebDAV
> server in the Windows Explorer just like they where regulare
> network volyms. Other clients could look like FTP clients.
>
> That's what you could expect from a WebDAV client.
>

> --
> Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
> Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
> Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
> SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM     Skype: colliberty

 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/