[Zope] Re: Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Joseph Kocherhans jkocherhans at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 14:51:54 EST 2004

>>I could find any info about how to setup a filestorage with ape, dbtab and
>>zope 2.7 (I want to keep the content of some folders in the filesystem)
>>Could anybody point me to some infos or know how to do it?
>

> I am using Ape 0.7.1 with Python 2.3.2 and Zope 2.7.0 on RH Linux 9.. No problems
> other than trying to store an ldapUserFolder. I have a workaround from shane but I
> haven't tried it since I had refactored my site to remove the problem.
>
> --
>
> Someone else said:
>

>>Ape 0.7.1 (the current version) doesn't work with python 2.3 and thus zope
>>2.7.
>

> But it works for me.

I guess I should clarify. It works, but not for all object types. I'm
guessing the problem you ran into with ldapUserFolder was that Zope
would eventually give an out of memory error when you tried to add that
particular type of object. I decided Ape 0.7.1 wouldn't work for me
since the unit tests wouldn't pass... one of them caused the out of
memory problem. Some object types worked for me, a few critical ones
didn't, but I never wrote down exactly which ones. Is the workaround
posted in the archives anywhere? If so I haven't been able to find it. I
know Shane has it fixed the problem in cvs, but I was never able to
figure out a working set of changes to get the unit tests to pass.

joseph