[Zope] How do I enter data into ZODB?

Troy Farrell troy at entheossoft.com
Tue Mar 16 00:46:29 EST 2004

Greetings Clifford.  To create custom objects, look into writing what we call
Zope Products (see the Zope Book.)  These are python (and some DTML or ZPT) on
the file system which are installed in the Products directory (sometimes
$ZOPEDIR/lib/python/Products.)

Some may mention something called a ZClass to you.  Ignore them for the sake of
maintenance.

Your intuition about separating content from logic is good.  Unfortunately, Zope
2 does not _fully_ deliver on this promise.  We're hoping Zope 3 will.  One way
to do this in the mean time is to create a custom object which will contain your
other custom objects.  This means you'll need at least two classes (likely more)
but you'll have more complete control over them.

Troy

--
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it
together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.