[Zope] LocalFS Issues

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Tue Mar 16 04:00:06 EST 2004

Apart from another issue I've been having with LocalFS, which I think I may
have fixed by upgrading LocalFS to ver. 1.1, I'm experiencing other
unexpected behaviour.

When I add a LocalFS object and specify the path as "." (ie, current
directory), LocalFS doesn't map it to the $INSTANCE/var directory any
longer, and neither does it map it to $ZOPE. It's mapped to ..\$ZOPE. This
doesn't seem safe either. It's a bother since I've always used relative
paths for LocalFS.

And when I try and edit (and only on edit) the path on an already existing
LocalFS object from the Properties tab, I get the following error -
===============

Site Error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: _fs_read

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

Any way to fix this?

Using Python 2.3.3/Zope 2.7/LocalFS 1.1

Thanks.