[Zope] Zope startup errors

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Mar 16 04:45:04 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:16:16AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
>
> > 2004-03-15T18:32:38 INFO(0) Archetypes Products/Archetypes/content_driver/__init__.py[25]:?
> > Unable to import MSWord content driver, this is most likely due to
> >     missing the win32 extensions on win32 for which COM is used to support
> >     document conversion. See the README.txt
>
> Well, that's pretty clear ;-) Unless you want to convert word docs on import,
> you don't need to worry about this...

I hadn't wished to do anything with word docs, but when you say convert,
what do they get converted to?

> Again, pretty clear... it'd be nicer if Plone let you say which options you
> wanted, rather than trying everything and complaining about what didn't work...

Yes, they were pretty self-explanatory - I just copied all the startup
msgs. I agree that it would be nice to switch those msgs off...

> >   File /usr/local/python/Lib/gettext.py, line 304, in _parse
> > UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 382-383: invalid data
>
> ...because it makes if difficult to decipher if that's a "real" error or not.
> Mindyou, unless you're planning a multi-lingual site, it probably doens't matter.

I don't need any other languages apart from English but haven't managed to
remove them so far

> > Can anyone suggest why I get the Gettext errors? They may be due to
> > missing features in Python, but I'm not sure.
>
> Might well be a file system or python weirdity on OS/2, ah, the joys of being in
> the minority...

Well at least you could say it was a close knit community :-).

> Chris - why are you on OS/2, btw?

I remember Lord Gates telling me, many years ago, that OS/2 was going to
be the biggest program of all time and I believed him ;-)...

I guess I just stuck with it since I didn't want to be on the upgrade
treadmill, didn't like viruses and wanted to be in control of what my
computer was doing rather than having mysterious upgrades being
auto-installed.

--
John