[Zope] Zope Version

Tue Mar 16 05:32:17 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> Can someone running Zope 2.7.0 post what is shown under the control panel?
>
> I've just managed to get it running but it is shown as an unreleased
> version:-
>

> The Control Panel provides access to system information and management
> functions such as database and product management.
>

> Zope Version      (unreleased version, python 2.3.3, os2emx)
>
> Python Version    2.3.3 (#0, Dec 21 2003, 23:43:28) [EMX GCC 2.8.1]
>
> System Platform   os2emx
>
> SOFTWARE_HOME     /usr/local/python/Lib/python
>
> ZOPE_HOME         /usr/local/python
>
> INSTANCE_HOME     /zope
>
> CLIENT_HOME       /zope/var
>
> Network Services  ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 8080)
>                   ZServer.FTPServer.FTPServer (Port: 8021)
>
> Process Id        7808 (3)
>
> Running For       12 hours 19 min 3 sec
>

> It appears to have been installed in the wrong place, at least I wouldn't
> have expected it to get installed under /usr/local/python.
>
> Also, there is no Restart button next to the Shutdown button. Is this
> normal?

reed the install documentation in the  source tree, about how to define
the prefix of zope

with 2.7 the normal configure make install steps have to be done

so in order to define the installation location use:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/soft/home

the "unreleased version" problem is a problem of the source version, as
far as i know "version.txt" is missing