[Zope] Using python script within Zopeto build basic document repository

Chris Hughes chughes at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 07:13:15 EST 2004

Hi!

I am new to Zope and learning! I am trying to build a very basic online
document repository, that members can upload documents to. Zope will
need to add extra properties to each document such as who uploaded it,
when, and what section of work it falls into. (Users should be able to
add sections if it is a new section of work).

The users then need to be able to order the documents by author, part of
project, or date to find the documents that they are looking for.
Firstly is there an example of a similar system available anywhere?

Secondly - I am trying to code and learn! How can I create a context
which is in a folder that is different to the script? The following code
stores the file:

folder=container['documents']
folder.manage_addFile('', file=file, title=title)

Then I need some magic line which sets a context up as the file called
'file' in the folder documents
newFile= context[file]

And then I will be able to write the extra properties somehow:
newFile.manage_addProperty('test', 'test', 'text')

Thirdly - How can I write a page which displays all of the documents in
the folder in order of different properties. Ie the user can list the
files in order of date, or only show the files on project1!

Thank you for your time!

Chris Hughes