[Zope] Newlines in objects

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Mar 16 20:06:40 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

>How are newlines defined in Zope objects? Are they the same across all
>platforms, or are they platform dependent?
>
>If I do a binary FTP download of an object, am I guaranteed to have an
>exact copy of the original object?

It's always done the right thing for me. As far as I can tell, any data
stored into a binary field (like File contents) or a string field
(Document contents) is stored and returned as presented. ZPTs, being
XML, may use \n only. But I do not speak with certainty: do you have
experience to the contrary?

       --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."