[Zope] Zope startup errors

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 04:12:56 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

>>Well, that's pretty clear ;-) Unless you want to convert word docs on import,
>>you don't need to worry about this...
>
> I hadn't wished to do anything with word docs, but when you say convert,
> what do they get converted to?

Go ask on an Archetypes or Plone list ;-)

>>Chris - why are you on OS/2, btw?
>
> I remember Lord Gates telling me, many years ago, that OS/2 was going to
> be the biggest program of all time and I believed him ;-)...
>
> I guess I just stuck with it since I didn't want to be on the upgrade
> treadmill, didn't like viruses and wanted to be in control of what my
> computer was doing rather than having mysterious upgrades being
> auto-installed.

So go for Linux or MacOS X and end your pain on suffering. FWIW, I'm on Win2K,
don't have any autoupdating going on and don't use any M$ software apart from
Windows and Office, so don't have too many viri to contend with...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk