[Zope] Re: Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Wed Mar 17 11:20:54 EST 2004

Joseph Kocherhans wrote:
> Are you using the latest CVS version? I looked at component.xml and the
> setup instructions have changed. The mention of adding <import
> package="Products.Ape"/> was taken out on Oct 14, 2003, but it looks
> like you have to put %import Products.Ape in your zope.conf... I don't
> know enough about ZConfig to know whether the percent sign there is a
> type, or some sort of config option. I'd try it both ways and see if it
> works.

Here is what I put in my zope.conf (with the latest CVS):

%import Products.Ape

<ape-db fs>
   <ape-storage>
     mapper-variation filesystem
     <ape-fs-connection fs>
       basepath $INSTANCE/db
     </ape-fs-connection>
   </ape-storage>
   mount-point /
   scan-interval 10
</ape-db>

Note that I mounted at the root.  Cool, huh?

I plan to release version 0.8 after I update README.txt and fix the
MySQL support.  This next release is intended to be a major
simplification that reduces the number of concepts you have to learn to
serialize your own objects and extend Ape.  There are also fewer monkey
patches.

Shane