[Zope] Re: Ape and DBTab Configuration in Zope 2.7

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Thu Mar 18 04:38:00 EST 2004

Hi Joseph and Shane,

> Are you using the latest CVS version?
Yes, thats why I was wondering about your <import package="Products.Ape"/>
instruction.

> %import Products.Ape in your zope.conf... I don't
> know enough about ZConfig to know whether the percent sign there is a
> type, or some sort of config option.
Yes, %import is a ZConfig directive and I learned that the mounted folder
*have to be created after* adding ZODB Mount Point

So, doing as said in the Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml
i.e. adding %import Products.Ape in my zope.conf and deleting the mounted
folders from ZMI
everything works like a charm, almost :-).

Shane, that root mounting is very cool indeed. So that's an easy alternative
to the Direct-Storage-Project? How is the performance of
the fs-storage of ape compared to Data.fs storages? Is there any knowledge
about that?

Thanks a lot for your help and this product.

I have one or two more questions about ape fs storage:
1. Some meta_types are stored in plain readable text like Python Scripts,
ZSQL-Methods and Page Templates. Others like DTML Documents and Methods have
a pickled fs represantation. As ZSQL-Methods are almost the same as DTML I
don't see a reason for this. Does anyone know more about that and may be how
to give DTML Documents and Methods also a readable fs representation.

2. On windows PageTemplates get the extension html. How to change that into
zpt? Same with other meta_types like DTML (after makeing them human
readable)

-- Thanks for any input, Elena