[Zope] packing database crashes zope

Wouter Vanden Hove atheist at pandora.be
Fri Mar 19 00:08:36 EST 2004

I packed our zope-database (zope 2.6.2), but after a while this error
appears:

Site Error

exceptions.ValueError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 44, in
new_publish
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 166, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 551, in setstate
    * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 645, in load
    * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 620, in _load

ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

What caused this error?
In the var-dir there are (among others) following files:

780M Mar 19 01:35 Data.fs
162M Mar 19 02:25 Data.fs.pack

Can I assume that Data.fs.pack is the newly packed database and is not
corrupted or incomplete? Or do I need to replace it with a backup?

Thanks,
wouter
www.vrijschrift.org
www.opencursus.org