[Zope] Re: Catalog query time

Kevin Carlson khcarlso at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 19 02:02:31 EST 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:

>The traceback indicates that the conflict is coming out of a Transience,
>which would lead me to think that the catalog isn't at fault.  Sounds
>like more of a sessioning write issue.

I guess that I don't understand why sessioning is causing this issue.
The product is not writing to the session explicitly so I don't get why
there would be these write conflicts.  In any event, it looks like
sessions might be such a significant performance hit that we should not
use them.  What alternatives do you suggest instead?  Cookies?  Other?

If sessions aren't the root of all evil, how can I go about solving this
session problem?

Thanks very much for any advice.