[Zope] Re: Catalog query time

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Mar 19 02:21:08 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 02:02, Kevin Carlson wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
>
> I guess that I don't understand why sessioning is causing this issue.

Neither do I, but I haven't really seen the code you're using, so it's
not really possible to deduce what's happening.

> The product is not writing to the session explicitly so I don't get why
> there would be these write conflicts.

Are you using Archetypes?  I found that it writes to the session on
every traversal of one of its objects.  Something is using sessions to
cause this, although it's hard to know what.

> In any event, it looks like
> sessions might be such a significant performance hit that we should not
> use them.  What alternatives do you suggest instead?  Cookies?  Other?

Probably no easy solution without trying to figure out what the problem
is first.

> If sessions aren't the root of all evil, how can I go about solving this
> session problem?

Find whatever is using sessioning and disable it or work around it is
the best answer I can give at the moment.

- C